To enjoy the best performance from your appliances, prolong their life and save you money here are some helpful hints and tips:
- Only use ¼ of what the manufacturers suggest as the water on the coast is very soft. You will get a better wash result and less skin irritations. Less is better.
- Do not use the maximum spin speed. Turn the dial back and use a slower speed on a majority of washes. This will save excessive wear on the drum’s suspension and bearings.
- Make sure the cabinet is reasonably level and stable to prevent vibration and out-of-balance problems.
- Same as washing machines, only use ¼ of what the manufacturer suggests to prevent over-sudsing. You’ll be surprised by the wash result.
- Only use the Economy cycle on rare occasions. A 60⁰ or hotter wash cycle will give a better wash result and keep your dishwasher smelling clean and bacteria free.
- Periodically remove the spray arms and filter for cleaning to remove any foreign matter and to ensure continued trouble free operation.
- The ideal temperature setting for our environment is -17⁰ for your freezer and +3⁰ for the fridge. At these temperatures the refrigerator will love you, for it will run more efficiently with less problems. Also, make sure your door seals are in good order!
Hot Water Systems
- Set the thermostat to 60⁰ to save excessive heating and therefore electricity costs.